Hair and scalp massagers are great at providing a comfortable massage experience.
Guess what? These scalp massager can improve your hair growth.
We know many of you are trying to grow thick and strong hair on your head. Don’t worry, we are here to provide you well-researched reviews of the best head massagers of 2020 and how you can select the best product for you. Also, you will get to know how to use these massagers effectively.
This article is crafted perfectly so that after reading these head massager reviews and going through the buying guide, you will be able to pick the best model as per your needs.
Head and scalp massagers come in varied sizes and designs which are dedicated for a certain task. So, it’s important to understand the difference between the product which is actually made for you and which is totally wasteful for you.
Best Head / Scalp Massager Reviews (Updated List)
1. HEETA Hair Scalp Massager
The Heeta Hair Scalp Massager is one of the most efficient products which can be used under the shower. It comes with a waterproof design which allows you to get a relaxing massage without worrying about your hair getting tangled.
A great advantage of this massager is its lightweight body and compact design. You can fit it anywhere you want, it hardly takes much space. It has an ergonomic design with a solid grip which ensures that you don’t slip the massager from your hands. This massager uses materials such as antibacterial silicone that prevents growth of dirt and mold.
In conclusion, this hair scalp massager will provide you a comfortable and peaceful massage experience at a reasonable price.
2. Zyllion Scalp Massager
Here’s our 2nd pick, the Zyllion Scalp Massager. This massager is a perfect blend of practicality and pleasure in one. It features high quality silicone bristles which will provide you a pleasing massage. Also, they will clean your scalp from dirt and dust particles.
We were blown away by the versatility of this massager. This unit is suitable for every hair type, specifically useful for the ones with itchy scalp. You can use this with a shampoo or just as a massager alone.
To be honest, we totally love this scalp massager as it provides a comfortable massage experience within a very low cost. It is a must try unit, for sure.
3. Breo IPX7 Waterproof Portable Mini Scalp Massager
If you are searching for a portable scalp massager which is also budget friendly, Breo is the perfect unit for you. This is a hand-held mini-scalp massager which is very compact in size and can easily fit in your bag.
Don’t underestimate due to its low price, it has various great features. Breo massager features 4 massage heads and 24 nodes which are made up of eco-friendly softer silicon which deals perfectly with hair tangling or pulling.
The main advantage of a portable massager is that you can take it wherever you want to. It comes with a built-in rechargeable lithium battery. This battery can run up to 90 minutes when it’s fully charged. Also, this unit comes with a fancy base which is made up of bamboo for better storage.
Being a waterproof unit, maintenance of this scalp massager is pretty simple. Another cool thing about this unit is its massage nodes are detachable, so you can wash them easily.
The massager effectively stimulates the human fingers and instantly relieves you from headache. Also, it works well on reducing soreness and stiffness experienced in your neck and shoulders. You get three speed settings to pick from according to your own needs and expectations.
- Easy Maintenance due to being washable and detachable nodes
- Made from Eco-friendly softer silicone
- Not very convenient for larger hands
- Recharging takes time
4. Kesitis Electric Hand-held Portable Head Massager
If you are looking for a head massager to improve your growth and reduce pain, Kesitis Electric Head Massager is a great option for you. This product has four massage heads and total 21 notes which rotate in both, clockwise and anticlockwise direction. It is manufactured from IPX-7 waterproof material, so you can even use the massager on your scalp while in shower.
No need to worry about dirty nodes, they are easy to detach and you can wash or replace them whenever it is needed. The massager also features an indicator to show charging, speed and direction of the unit which is very beneficial when you want to do some quick settings.
This massager is designed to stimulate the human fingers to provide a relaxing massage experience to almost any part of your body. It comes with a charging base and USB charging wire which makes the recharging process quite easy. A fully charged battery of this device can last up to a couple of hours.
Looking at the variety of features provided by this unit, it comes in a very reasonable price.
- Portable and Rechargeable
- Made from IPX-7 Waterproof Material
- Some will find the notes too hard
5. TOUCHBeauty Scalp Massager
The next scalp massager we recommend is by the brand TOUCHBeauty. This massager uses vibrations techniques and provides a personalized massage experience to the users. It is definitely a great value product.
One of the most important features of this unit is that it features two massaging heads. And each of these heads provides different sensations. Its head is made out of silicone material which ensures a soothing massage experience to not harm your skin. Bur, if you want to experience a harder massage then you need to replace its head with the plated attachment. There is another third head which is perfect to clean your face through sonic vibrations.
In conclusion, the TOUCHBeauty scalp massager can deliver a personalized massage experience. It is definitely one of the most valued products available in the market.
6. MARNUR Scalp Massager
The Marnur Scalp Massager is an outstanding unit and it isn’t only a basic massager. It comes with three attachments for varied purposes. Each of these pads will provide you a soothing sensation to your scalp. Its loofah pad helps to exfoliate your skin and clean the scalp thoroughly. The massage pad of this unit creates gentle vibrations on every part of your body while the scalp massager pad stimulates the hair growth.
One of the great advantages of this unit is that it can work under the water even when it has batteries. The unit is perfectly waterproof and safe to use in the shower.
All in all, this scalp massager is the perfect gift that also comes in your budget. It will never fail to satisfy your needs of getting a relaxing scalp massage.
7. Vitagoods Scalp Massaging Shampoo Brush
The Vitagoods scalp massager is a small and interestingly designed product. This massager seems like a hair brush, and you can actually use it on your head as a brush or when you want to massage your head while brushing hair.
Due to the small size of this unit it will easily fit in the palm of your hand. If you suffer with dandruff and itchy scalp problems, this massager will be your saviour. Just apply the shampoo on the rubber tips and massage your hair roots using this unit. This improves blood circulation and promotes hair growth as well.
So, if you are searching for that one relaxing massager for your scalp at low price, Vitagoods scalp massager is just made for you.
8. Body Sport® Head/Scalp Massager
The Body Sport massager comes with total 28 contact points which stimulates a spa head massage by a professional. This scalp massager is a great choice which is easy to use, rechargeable and can be used at home, office or even while you are travelling.
It features 3 massage modes with adjustable speed settings to help you experience a comfortable personalized massage. You can use this massager on body parts like legs, back, arms, head, scal and more. A great thing about this unit is it doesn’t tangle in hair and very easy to clean.
We are pretty sure that this device can become your favourite stress buster after a long day at work. So what are you waiting for? Get this amazing head massager right now.
9. FITTOP Electric Scalp Massager
The Fittop Scalp massager is an interestingly designed massager which comes with a charging station. This massager features a total 4 massage heads to deliver a soothing massage experience to your scalp.
This unit is very silent which can be a great advantage for people who don’t prefer noisy massagers. So, you can use this unit while you are in office environment or working at home without disturbing anyone around.
The massager has an ergonomic design which perfectly follows the form of your head and provides a decent massage. With this unit you get two speed options to choose from, lowest speed for relaxing experience or the highest for a thorough massage.
Overall, this is a nice head massager.
10. Breo iScalp Scalp and Body Massager
The Breo iScalp is an amazing handheld scalp and body massager. This device is small and compact in size which makes it easy to hold. And it offers a good combination of features.
This head massager offers an adjustable speed setting to ensure a personalized massage experience for users. So, you can easily change the speed of the massager according to your mood or the type of massage you want to experience.
One of the most unique things about this massager is it is not just limited to the scalp and head. The product is versatile and you can use it on other body parts like neck and shoulder as well. How cool is that, isn’t it?
So, the scalp and body massager by Breo is a very good product which justifies its price.
11. NORLANYA Electric Head Massager
The Norlanya is one of the best head massager available in the market right now. This hemet is dedicated to provide a soothing massage to your head with its 4 massage programs.
You know what’s the coolest thing about this product? It can be easily used while you are working at the office or doing chores at home. Because it comes with adjustable straps which ensures the massager fits perfectly to your head.
The 4 different massage programs of the Norlanya head massager are pretty good, it comes with a remote control to adjust the intensity settings. A great thing about this remote control is that it has a display where you can clearly watch the changes you make.
We surely recommend this head massager, you are gonna enjoy the pleasurable massage.
What Is A Head Massager?
A head massager is an electronic unit which is specifically designed to revitalize your scalp and head muscles. These devices are available in various designs, they can be handled, similar as a helmet or can have special design.
Most of the modern head massagers are crafted in a way to massage your head and scalp without pulling your hair. Because of this they look totally different from the handheld massagers. Also, most of them feature massage attachments made out of rubber or silicone which will not charge your hair with static electricity.
These head massagers are light in weight and cordless. So, these are pretty versatile and portable at the same time. You can use them whenever and wherever you want to. Some run on built-in rechargeable batteries while some on normal batteries.
Do Head Massagers Work?
You might me confused whether these head massagers even make an impact on your health?
Well, we can understand the dilemma. In fact, most of the head massagers do work very efficiently that so many people are surprised with the results. They are totally in love with these devices.
According to the recent studies, researchers say that more than 3 out of 5 cases of migraines are caused by muscle tension, and nothing else. A head massager is a great tool to reduce any kind of tension or stress experienced after a tiring day. As your muscles from head will be relaxed, you will hardly experience conditions like headaches, migrain, etc.
Another good advantage of the head massagers is they improve and increase local blood circulation in your head. This improved blood circulation brings more oxygen and important nutrients to your head and further it will improve your hair follicles.
A Complete Head Massager Buying Guide
Finding a decent electric head massager can be quite confusing at times. Because there are so many models available in the market right now, and each one of them are advertised as the best ones. So, it is very important for you to choose the right head massager according to your own needs. We have crafted this well researched and thorough buying guide to help you picking the best model for you.
Features To Look For When Buying A Head Massager
As we just said, the market is full of various types of head massagers which have different features. We will go through all of these features and see what they actually do, and how can they help you.
1. Massage Techniques
Every massage technique comes with its own set of benefits, so you must pick the one which could help you the most before buying the model.
- Kneading : The kneading massage technique consists movements which compress your soft tissues like the skin and muscles, against each other or against the bone structures underneath them.
This kneading technique is a great way to reduce pain in your muscles, increase flexility and remove knots produced in your head muscles.
You will find this massage technique used in most of the head massagers. Though, the helmets provide better experience than the handheld ones.
- Percussion : This percussion massage technique involves a quick succession of movements which hits right in your muscles where it is needed. Many head massagers utilize this massage technique, and it is very good at stimulating your skin and muscles. This will also improve the local blood circulation and your muscles reflexes too.
- Tapping : The tapping massage technique is basically a process of tapping your muscles. Such tapping movements increases the local body temperature in your body and revitalizes your muscles. This technique has proved great to the people who suffer from frequent muscle knots, headaches and tension.
- Vibration : The vibration massage technique is very popular yet you will hardly find it in most of the head and scalp massagers. But there are some models which do offer the vibration massage technique. These are mostly the ones with helmet-like design.This massage technique is perfectly suitable for people want to experience a relaxing massage and those who have troubles like muscle pain and aches. When you use a vibrating head massager it will stimulate your blood circulation and provide muscle relaxation. It can likewise have an animating impact, heating up your muscles and giving you a head start at confronting the new day.
2. Heat Therapy
Heat therapy feature is loved by most of the electric massager users. Yet, many of the portable head massagers don’t have it. If you want to have this feature in your massager, get a head massager with helmet design.
The heat therapy is a great way to relax the tensed muscles in your body. Talking about head massagers, the ones with heat therapy will reduce the tensions and headaches, and make you feel relaxed. When your muscles are warmed and relaxed, more blood reaches to them. This increased blood flow will carry more oxygen and nutrients to your muscles. Also, it will divert a greater amount of toxins they produce like lactic acid. This will make your head feel lighter and stress fre, and your mood will get better too.
The design of a head massager tells a lot about how effective the unit is, and how easy to use it is. So, you must look for the design very carefully.
- Helmet Design : The best head massagers available in the market right now have helmet design, lets see why.
- Pros – This helmet design permits the manufacturer to offer more features to the users. These helmets offer a lot of real estate which the manufacturer can use for your benefit, and this can’t be found with handheld scalp massagers. As the helmets are large in size, it gets easy for the manufacturer to include features on all the surfaces that touch your head. These units are very helpful as they are pretty good at mixing things up. They offer much more features than the handheld models, and they are very comfortable on your head.
- Cons – Now, let’s talk about some drawbacks of the helmet design. These models are usually heavier which is why many users find them uncomfortable. Apart from their weight, these massagers can’t fit perfectly to each user even though they are designed to fit most. Some may find it too tight or some may find too loose, even with the adjustable straps. The massage helmets are portable but are you really going to take a head massage outside? You can’t roam around the city or go to your office with the helmet massager on your head. It will look weird.
- Handheld Design : The massagers which come with a handheld design are most popular among the users. Here is why
- Pros – One of the main reasons why so many people love the handheld massagers is because they are small and compact in design. This makes these units easy to use, and it is also versatile and portable. The handheld massager is actually a portable unit, which the helmet is not. As these massagers are small in size, they easily fit into your purse or backpack and take it anywhere you wish to. Though, you might not be willing to use the unit while you are travelling, you can use it when you are at office. And let us tell you, these handheld units are truly comfortable. Another cool thing about these units is they won’t tangle in your hair which is again very beneficial. Due to their ergonomic design these units are easy to hold and offer strong massage even with the small size they have.
- Cons – Now, let’s discuss some drawbacks of these units. One of the disadvantages that you’ll notice is the fewer number of features and programs available than the helmet massagers. The reason why this happens is because the handheld massagers are smaller in size, and it becomes tough for the manufacturers to provide more features due to lack of space. Few more disadvantages for these units include, no adjustable settings, limited durability, longevity.
4. Power Source
The power source of the head massagers have a strong impact on multiple important aspects like portability, durability and ease of use.
- Built-in Battery – The head massagers featuring built-in batteries are most easy to use models. These built-on batteries can be recharged with ease, and you can recharge them by simply connecting them to a power outlet or a USB-compatible device like a car adapter or a laptop. The most useful thing about having built-in batteries is that they are rechargeable, so they will offer the massager a low working expense. Another good thing about these units is they are completely sealed against the outside world. This proves very helpful for those who wants to use the scalp massagers while being in the shower or when their hair is wet.
- Mixed Power Source – Few of the portable head massagers come with two power sources instead of one. You get to choose between the built-in batteries and the normal batteries. This is an awesome component, and it offers the best of the two universes. To recharge, you have to connect the massager to a power source, and you can change the batteries if they run out of power and you are unable to replace them at that time.
- Battery Operated – One of the main advantages of a battery operated head massager is that you don’t have to care much about charging your device. As soon as the battery starts to get low, you can easily replace the battery and it will start working just like a new unit. But, the biggest disadvantage of using this type of power source is that it’s costly. The AA or AAA batteries are way more costly than the power consumed by a rechargeable unit at the time of charging. Obviously, this can be a huge problem for people who want to use the massager more frequently. Some units offer 90 minutes of massages for each battery set. So, you will have to buy a new set of batteries each week if you wish to get a 20 minutes massage every day. Now, this can be very expensive.
5. Massage Attachments
Every scalp and head massager uses massage attachments to offer a comfortable and relaxing experience to the users. Some of the units feature changeable attachments while others come with fixed ones. These attachments can affect your massage sessions a lot, here is how :
- Hairbrush Design – We all are pretty aware of the idea that the massage attachments or massagers with hairbrush design are supposed to help with the hair and scalp health. One of the ways the hairbrush design works is by stimulating your blood circulation in the head. This increased blood flow attracts more oxygen and nutrients to your hair follicles and further improves hair quality and makes them stronger. On account of the bigger measure of assets they have available to them, you will lose less hair, and the one you have despite everything will look better.
One of the best things about these units is they help you direct your hair oil or shampoo directly at your hair roots. For this, you can just apply any type of hair oil or shampoo on the brush’s tips, and then move the brush over your scalp, as close as possible to the hair roots.This will make the shampoo reach to your hair roots, and the massage function will also stimulate blood circulation improving the shampoo’s effect.
- Multiple Massage Point Design – This is one more popular design which features multiple needle like points spread out on the surface of the massager. Even though this design works efficiently on your scalp, it is not that helpful in relaxing your head muscles. One of the best things about this massager is they improve your local blood circulation. This is very good thing about the massager, and with consistent use will also improve the health of your scalp. Further, it will increase the strength of your hair and make them thicker than before.
- Classic 4 Massage Attachments – The classic 4 design is a highly popular design which is used by so many manufacturers as models with this design have been proven very effective. This design offers a great amount of versatility which makes it unique. One might feel that a massager having only 4 attachments can’t be that effective. But, that is not the truth at all. Each of these attachments consist of a total 7 massage nodes where every node ends up in 4 different points. Now if we do some math, you will get a total of 28 individual points at the same time. This is definitely way better than having only 4. Another cool thing about this design is that every massage can move according to its own. You get an option to direct these 4 attachments anywhere you wish. You can point them in different directions, or you can target them on the same muscle or group of muscles and get them massaged from various angles. That is how the classic design provides a pleasurable and relaxing massage experience to the users.The massage attachments are made up of silicone or rubber, so you don’t have to worry about your hair getting charged with negative electricity. This will likewise shield them from getting your hair tangled and offer some level of water opposition.
- Scrub Brushes – A few models which usually come with 4 attachment head designs also have interchangeable scrub brushes. Generally, thesee brushes are used to scrub your face, but you can also use them for any part of your body which needs to be exfoliated. The purpose of scrub brushes is to remove the dead skin cells from the surface of your face and clean your pores. This will help in improving the aspect of your skin. Using scrub brushes is a great way to clean your face, and revitalize your blood circulation and increase collagen production. As a result, your skin will look much better, and if you continue using it regularly, it will also increase the elasticity of your skin, because of the collagen overflow.
Head Massager Benefits
- Reduces Stress – Massaging your head with head massagers is a very pleasing experience, and it also lowers your stress levels. It not just improves the health of your scalp and head, but helps in improving your productivity at work and reduces anxiety issues.
- Improves Sleep – If you are someone who struggles to fall asleep, head massagers are one of the best cures for you. The head massage therapy can help to treat insomnia. The relaxing effects of consistent head massages can help in improving sleep patterns.
- Reduces Migraine Frequency And Intensity – Getting your head massaged can lessen the amount of migraines and headaches. According to scientists, 3 out of 5 cases of headaches and migraine are caused due to tense muscles. And this is why you need head massage which relaxes your muscles and relieves tension and reduces the recurring headaches and migraines. Some scientists recommend head massages as a good replacement of painkillers of headaches and migraines.
- Helps With Dandruff – Regular head massage will spread your scalp’s natural oils very effectively across your hair follicles. This will help you to reduce dandruff as the massage moisturizes your hair naturally.
- Improves Hair Aspect – The scalp massages will make your hair look very attractive. Head and scalp massages help to improve your blood circulation and spread the natural oil produced by the scalp across the hair’s surface. And that is how you’ll get good looking hair.
Head Massager For Hair Growth
Constant use of a head massager can increase your hair growth in so many ways.
- Stimulates The Blood Circulation – When you get your hair massaged, your muscles will get stimulated and warmed up. This increases the amount of blood flow through them. And this blood brings more oxygen and nutrients to your hair follicles, and it removes toxins that are collected during the day. This will allow your hair follicles to become more stronger and increasingly safe.
- Spreads The Natural Oil – Having a head massage can can effectively spread the oil your scalp produces. This oil which is spread over your hair surface makes your hair more resistant to damage. And you won’t get the split hair as you used to before, and your hair quality will be much better and healthier than ever.
- Can Make Your Hair Thicker – As we just told, a large amount of nutrients get delivered to your hair follicles when you get a head massage. This will make your hair grow much thicker as it is getting the right food for its health.
How To Use A Head Massager
- Read The Instruction Manual – You must read the instructions manual provided by the manufacturer before you start using a new device.
- Sit at a comfortable and peaceful place.
- Start Small – Start your massage from the lowest intensity and rub the head massager slowly on your scalp. Massage from front of your head and move it all over your head.
- Change The Intensity – You can change the intensity and increase it if you want to experience a powerful massage.
- Use Products – If your head massager allows to use products like hair oil and shampoo, utilize this feature to its best.
- Use The Massager In Shower – Few head massagers are water-proof, few are water-resistant, while the rest are not water-resistant at all. So, do make sure that your product can be used under the shower and then only use it.
- Use Products – You can apply hair oil or shampoo while taking a head massage to make it even more effective. Simply apply the oil or shampoo on the tips of your head massager and spread it as near as you can to the roots of your hair.
Now that you have gone through our detailed head massager reviews, you have a fair idea of what you should look for and which is the right model for you. Don’t get fooled by the advertisements or hype created around some product as the bes electric head massager. All you need to do is find the best one for you.
Don’t assume that head massagers are only for people facing hair issues or problems like headaches and migraine. Yes, head massagers do work amazingly to reduce these problems, but head massager has so many other benefits.
They can improve your sleep if you get a regular head massager after you return from work. Also, you will experience other benefits like increase in your productivity, mood and anxiety issues. That’s a wrap for best head scalp massagers.